My lead story in last months issue, urging you to go and experience the colour of Swan Upping in Shepperton…only to find that it was cancelled due to the flood level! It is the first time this has happened in 900 years apparently.
This August it is the Spelthorne River Day, and the Sunbury Regatta – or so we hope! It seems that everything is now dependent on the weather: Henley, Classic Boat Show, various local regattas etc. To make us feel just a little bit better, we publish a couple of local photographs from the floods of old. That puts our current woes into perspective at least!
Now lets hope the Olympics go smoothly and we don’t all get caught up in traffic!
In This Issue
- The Luvvies of Wheatley’s Ait
- History gets Gold!
- When is a Conservation Area not a Conservation Area
- Look to Ability
- Sunbury’s Part in the Paralympics Opening Ceremony
- Recipe of the Month – Simple Summer Spaghetti
- Restaurant Review – The Red Lion
- Do us a Fava!